TERMS AND SERVICES
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others. By using our services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use Helm.CEO to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post.
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Helm, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
We do our best to keep Helm.CEO safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Helm.CEO safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Helm.CEO.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Helm.CEO, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Helm.CEO.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use Helm.CEO to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Helm.CEO, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Helm.CEO functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- Registration and Account Security
Helm.CEO users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Helm.CEO, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Helm.CEO Page for such purposes.
- You will not use Helm.CEO if you are under 13.
- You will not use Helm.CEO if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Helm.CEO that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Helm.CEO if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Helm.CEO.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. Helm.CEO offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
- If you create or administer a Page on Helm.CEO, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the Helm.CEO Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Helm.CEO to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but other following provisions will still apply.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Helm.CEO exclusively in the U.S. District Court for New York or a state court located in New York City, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of New York will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Helm.CEO, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Helm.CEO and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Helm.CEO. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Helm.CEO. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Helm.CEO.
- WE TRY TO KEEP HELM.CEO UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING HELM.CEO AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT HELM.CEO WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT HELM.CEO WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. HELM.CEO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR HELM.CEO, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR HELM.CEO WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, HELM.CEO'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- By "Helm.CEO" or” Helm.CEO Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.Helm.CEO and any other Helm.CEO branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Helm.CEO reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Helm.CEO or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Helm.CEO.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Helm.CEO Services.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Helm.CEO or provide to Helm.CEO through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on Helm.CEO or otherwise make available by using Helm.CEO.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and Helm.CEO, Inc. Otherwise, this Statement is an agreement between you and Helm.CEO Ireland Limited. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean either Helm.CEO, Inc. or Helm.CEO Ireland Limited, as appropriate.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Helm.CEO, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Helm.CEO.
By using or accessing Helm.CEO Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policy as amended from time to time.
Our mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. Every day, people come to Helm.CEO to share their stories, see the world through the eyes of others and connect with friends and causes. The conversations that happen on Helm.CEO reflect the diversity of a community of more than one billion people.
We want people to feel safe when using Helm.CEO. For that reason, we've developed a set of Community Standards, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed on Helm.CEO, and what type of content may be reported to us and removed. Because of the diversity of our global community, please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our Community Standards.
Helping to Keep you Safe
We remove content, disable accounts, and work with law enforcement when we believe there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety. Learn more about how Helm.CEO handles abusive content.
Encouraging respectful behavior
People use Helm.CEO to share their experiences and to raise awareness about issues that are important to them. This means that you may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which we believe can lead to important conversations about difficult topics. To help balance the needs, safety, and interests of a diverse community, however, we may remove certain kinds of sensitive content or limit the audience that sees it. Learn more about how we do that here.
Keeping your account and personal information secure
We work hard to help keep your account secure and protect your personal information. By joining Helm.CEO, you agree to use your authentic name and identity. You may not publish the personal information of others without their consent. Learn more about how we work to keep your information safe.
Protecting your intellectual property
Helm.CEO is a place for you to share the things that are important to you. You own all of the content and information you post on Helm.CEO, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. However, before sharing content on Helm.CEO, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
Our global community is growing every day and we strive to welcome people to an environment free from abusive content. To do this, we rely on people like you. If you see something on Helm.CEO that you believe violates our terms, please report it to us. We have dedicated teams working around the world to review things you report to help make sure Helm.CEO remains safe.
Governments also sometimes ask us to remove content that violates local laws, but does not violate our Community Standards. If after careful legal review, we find that the content is illegal under local law, then we may make it unavailable only in the relevant country or territory.
Please keep the following in mind:
- We may take action any time something violates the Community Standards outlined here.
- We may ask Page owners to associate their name and Helm.CEO Profile with a Page that contains cruel and insensitive content, even if that content does not violate our policies.
- Reporting something doesn't guarantee that it will be removed because it may not violate our policies.
- Our content reviewers will look to you for information about why a post may violate our policies. If you report content, please tell us why the content should be removed (e.g., is it nudity or hate speech?) so that we can send it to the right person for review.
- Our review decisions may occasionally change after receiving additional context about specific posts or after seeing new, violating content appearing on a Page or Helm.CEO Profile.
- The number of reports does not impact whether something will be removed. We never remove content simply because it has been reported a number of times.
- The consequences for violating our Community Standards vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person's history on Helm.CEO. For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation, but if we continue to see further violations we may restrict a person's ability to post on Helm.CEO or ban the person from Helm.CEO.
Not all disagreeable or disturbing content violates our Community Standards. For this reason, we offer you the ability to customize and control what you see by unfollowing, blocking, and hiding the posts, people, Pages, and applications you don’t want to see – and we encourage you to use these controls to better personalize your experience. People also often resolve issues they have about a piece of content by simply reaching out to the person who posted it. We’ve created tools for you to communicate directly with other people when you’re unhappy with posts, photos, or other content you see on Helm.CEO.